A. J-Spec Auto warrants that every used engine sold by J-Spec Auto will be in a serviceable condition, having regard to the nature of used engines, for the duration of time after the date of sale according to the following applications:
1. Used Replacement Engines – 180 Days
2. Used Performance Engines – 60 Days
3. Rotary Engines(Mazda RX-7 13BT/13BTT/20B ) – No Warranty
4. All Electronical/Electronic Parts – No Warranty
5. Used Performance Transmissions – No Warranty
6. Used Replacment Transmissions – 90 Days
B. ITEMS AND CONDITIONS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY
1. All internal engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms and shafts. The engine block, cylinder walls and cylinder head are also warranted to be free of cracks or distortion.
2. Head gaskets are warranted for 30 days only, irrespective of the application as stated in Section (A).
3. J-Spec Auto reserves the right to repair with rebuilt or serviceable used parts, or exchange the engine at its own discretion and determination.
C. ITEMS NOT COVERED:
All external parts attached to the engines, e.g., intake and exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributor, starter, emission control devices, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, valve cover, sensors, electronic parts(distributor, wires, Computers, injectors, etc), transmissions, drive shafts, engine mounts, half shaft, etc.
D. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
1. The cost of labor required to remove and install a repaired or exchanged engine to the vehicle.
2. Any damage caused by abuse, neglect, accident or natural perils.
3. Loss caused by the engine being improperly installed.
4. Towing charges and/or freight or delivery charges.
5. Loss caused by overheating. The warranty does not cover oil leaks, blown head gasket or any other engine damage due to over heating caused by poor water circulation, clogged radiator, stuck thermostat or a faulty water pump, etc.
6. Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear (unless actual breakdown occurs), having regard to inherent manufacturing faults in some engine models.
7. Loss caused by any modification or use of the engine for which it was not originally designed.
8. The engine if it is used for competitive driving or racing.
9. Loss caused by the failure of a part or parts of the engine that are not covered by this limited warranty.
10. Tune-ups and adjustments, filters, hoses, belts, lubricants, coolants, emission control devices, spark plugs, tune-up parts, etc.
11. Deterioration or pre-ignition damage.
12. Repairs performed without prior authorization from J-Spec Auto.
13. Loss caused by defective timing belt. A brand new timing belt must be installed.
14. Loss caused by modification or forced induction (NOS, Turbos, Supercharged) for which the engine was not designed.
E. LIMITATION OF DURATION
Repairs or exchanges will not extend this limited warranty beyond the described term on this form (Item A).
F. DISCLAIMER 1.
This limited warranty is in lieu of any and all other expressed warranties of J-Spec Auto. Any warranty implied is limited to the duration of this limited warranty. J-Spec Auto does not assume or authorize any person to assume on its behalf any other obligation of liability.
G. DISCLAIMER 2.
J-Spec Auto will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages arising from loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, or commercial loss, or any other consequential damage or loss.
H. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE.
1. To file a warranty claim, download our Warranty Claim Form.
2. The customer is responsible for all the freight charges on the return of defective engines and no replacement engine will be sent until our staff have inspected and verified the returned defective engine in question. If the engine is defective, J-Spec Auto will refund the shipping charges to the customer and ship out a replacement engine. If the engine is not defective the customer will pay all shipping charges to ship the engine back to the customer.
3. The engine MUST be returned in the same condition it was sent, all missing parts will be charged to the customer.
4. In the event that the wrong and/or defective engine is not returned to J-Spec Auto within 60 days after a replacement engine is sent to our customer, the customer will be charged the full amount of the engine, plus all freight charges.
Engines complete with accessories may not comply with the emission control laws of the state in which it is being sold or used. State and/or federal authorities require that you change over the emission devices from your old engine to the engine you are installing to make it comply. The add-on parts on the engine sold by J-Spec Auto are left attached for testing purpose only, for your convenience and are free of charge. The purchase price represents the cost of the long block only (i.e. cylinder head and short block only).